Girl, Woman, Other
A ‘fusion fiction’ novel. Hamish Hamilton/ Penguin UK (May 2019) (Paperback March 2020)
British writer Bernardine Evaristo is the award-winning author of eight books and numerous other published and produced works that span the genres of novels, poetry, verse fiction, short fiction, essays, literary criticism, and radio and theatre drama. Her writing and projects are based around her interest in the African diaspora. She is Professor of Creative Writing at Brunel University London.
‘It’s a triumphantly wide-ranging novel, told in a hybrid of prose and poetry…It’s also, to my mind, the strongest contender on the (Booker) shortlist. A big, bold, sexy book that cracks open a world that needs to be known…Evaristo’s job is to observe, broaden our minds and to be funny – often very funny indeed…’
– Sunday Times
- Booker Prize Winner 2019
- Sunday Times Bestseller
- One of Barack Obama’s 19 Top Books 2019
- Black Cat/ Grove Atlantic USA (Nov. 2019)
- Winner of the Booker Prize 2019
- One of Barack Obama’s 19 Favourite Books of 2019
- Roxane Gay’s Favourite Book of 2019
- The 12th bestselling hardback fiction book in the UK 2019; one of two books on the list not categorised as mass market.
- The No 1 bestselling paperback book in the UK 14 June 2020, after 20 non-consecutive weeks in the Top 10