An International Test for Facial Emotion Recognition: Psychometric Properties and Normative Data.
The ability to identify emotions from facial expressions is vital for social interactions. This ability is often impaired in several conditions, and is tested using tools which are not suitable for individuals who identify as mixed race.
We developed a new tool that is culturally, racially, and ethnically fair. This tool will be offered for free for clinicians and researchers across the world.
Help us validate the tool:
- We are recruiting healthy individuals who identify as mixed race from any countries, and are between the ages of 18 and 60 years. You can be staying in any part of the world, not only the UK.
- Data is collected online using a link only. You will click on the link, and fill up few surveys and do the test. The test basically includes presented pictures of individuals mimicking various facial expressions, and then you click on the emotion expression you felt were depicted in the photo. Everything is automated, and the link can be accessed anytime during the day/night. This is the link: https://qualtrics.kcl.ac.uk/jfe/form/SV_eWMDVABlqqRO4DA
- Overall, the study will take approximately 35 minutes.
- The incentives are several prize draws of 50 GBP and 100 GBP.
- You will need to use a laptop, PC, or a tablet [phones cannot be used because of the small screen size].
- Everything is anonymous.
If you need any further information, please contact email@example.com