People in Harmony encourages members, volunteers and supporters involvement in the work of the organisation.
Support us by volunteering
Join our group of volunteers and trustees!
We use a virtual office and are currently holding online meetings and events via ZOOM
Please check out some of the roles on our volunteer application form
We are looking to welcome new people onto the board of trustees. There are vacancies on the board for people with skills and experience such as Events, Marketing, Fundraising, Finance and IT who can give some time and commitment to a charity working with mixed race matters. Meetings are currently being held bi-monthly online via zoom. Download our Trustee Information Pack
What’s in it for volunteers and trustees?
- Gain knowledge and experience of mixed race matters
- Be a part of an enthusiastic team of trustees & volunteers with a national charity
- Opportunities to represent PIH and mixed race matters with confidence
- Satisfaction of contributing to our vision of making mixed race matter
- The knowledge that you are making a difference to people’s lives
- Increase your portfolio
- Reimbursement for out of pocket expenses
Don’t have time to be part of the group but still want to help at an event, with publicity or on the day?
Contact us if you’re interested – we always need active volunteers before and on the event day.
- You can support us by donating your expertise, skills, experience, time
- You can choose to make a financial donation
People in Harmony is 100% volunteer run and any of your time or monetary donation given will help to ensure more events are organised, more magazines and reports published with further expansion to our social media and web reach and that ongoing support continues.
Our web site needs extra support with ongoing development and a volunteer to assist with management of the content, make regular updates, or simply post content on it.
- Have you the time and expertise to manage/update our web site?
- Have you some photos and a story to tell?
- Would you like to have some information about you/your family put on the web?
- Are you carrying out a research study?
We are looking to update information on education, racism and mixed race for members, parents, students and the general public.
If you are interested in sourcing and collating information on relevant organisations, papers, research, books, films, plays and social media we’d like to hear from you. Get in touch with us for further information.