Mixed Race Mixed Racism & Mental Health
People in Harmony Conference Report
- How far is mixed race considered across mental health services?
- How has the concept of identity crisis been used to explain mental health problems?
- Are mental health services working effectively with mixed race people?
- What factors contribute to good mental health in children?
- Is there enough understanding and awareness of racism and identity by mental health practitioners?
Our 72 page conference report raises, and discusses, these and many other questions.
The conference took place at the Kings Fund, London, on 29th October 2009 and was attended by people with different perspectives, both users and practitioners in mental health services.
Speakers include Suman Fernando, Melba Wilson and Dr David Ndegwa as well as practitioners working with mixed race children, young people, couples and families.
'Mixed Race, Mixed Racism & Mental Health'
Published by People in Harmony 2010
Price £14.99 inc p&p
Click here to order